John Lewis Westfield White City opened 20th March
Amazing 230,000 sqft of pure John Lewis Style Synergy were responsible for the M&E fit our...
In The Restaurant Starting Blocks with McDonald’s: New Consultancy Project
To receive a word-of-mouth recommendation is to be trusted to do a good job. This was certainly the...
Inland Homes 350+ Home Development Middx
Synergy have been appointed by Inland Homes to design all M&E Services for the new project on...
Expanding With IKEA: New Order & Collection Point Developments
Synergy were given the opportunity by global furniture giant IKEA to partner with them on their new...
Fern Hill Care Home
New care home completed in Worcester A truly luxurious Care Home by...
Scope of Design
Synergy provide innovative and “commercially aware” design solutions for a wide range of electrical building services elements.
This typically comprises (but is not limited to) the design and specification information, associated with the following:-
- Main Incoming Statutory Services requirements
(Refer also to separate Statutory Services Management section on the web-site)
- Standby Generator requirements
- UPS requirements
- Mains and Sub-Mains Power Distribution
- Cable Containment Systems
- Small Power and Ancillary Services
- Internal Lighting systems
- External Lighting systems
- Emergency Lighting systems
- Lighting control systems (e.g. Dimming, presence detection, daylight-linking etc)
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Data and Communications Services
- Security Systems (Intruder Alarm / Access Control / CCTV/ Tagging)
- Power and controls wiring associated with Mechanical Services systems
- Earthing and Bonding requirements
- Lightning Protection Systems
- Sub-distribution & final circuit cable sizing calculations
All design calculations are supported using software based calculation packages such as Amtech, Hevacomp, etc.
All design drawings are produced using Autocad based CAD software.
Synergy can provide input and assist clients with selection of appropriate specialist sub-contractors and their suitability for different types of project.
Synergy assist, and provide input to, the appointed cost consultants, in respect of budgetary cost plan allowances and review of contractors prices via any tendering process.
Synergy can also provide periodic a site monitoring role, to ensure that electrical services installations are progressed and completed in line with any particular client’s specification and requirements .
This would include witnessing commissioning activities and signing off completed installation on behalf of any client organization.
Synergy can carry out visual condition surveys and provide reports of existing electrical services installations within existing buildings, where particular clients are considering:-
- Refurbishment or Extension of an existing premises
- Acquisition of existing building from a third party