About the building
Marlow Rowing Club is located on the River Thames next to the town’s historic suspension bridge. The existing clubhouse was partly destroyed by fire in 2011 which also caused smoke damage to the rest of the building. The project comprises the demolition and rebuilding of a new 3-storey clubhouse encompassing a new boathouse at Ground Floor level, Gymnasium and changing/shower facilities at First Floor level and Club Room, Bar Servery and amenities at Second floor level.
- BREEAM rating: ‘Good’
- Project partly funded by Sport England
Overview of environmental features
The key features of the building include:
- Heat recovery ventilation systems throughout
- Heat recovery VRF comfort cooling systems to Bar and Gymnasium areas
- Low volume sanitaryware systems
- LED lighting utilised throughout, complete with PIR switching
- Design and construction in accordance with Sport England requirements
New gas, water and electricity utility services are provided to serve the new building.
High efficiency Low NOx condensing boilers serve new heating systems, with heat recovery ventilation systems used throughout.
Energy efficient LED lighting utilised in all areas, controlled via PIR switching.
Project team details
- Client: Marlow Rowing Club.
- BREEAM Assessors: Synergy BSS Limited.
- Architect: Lewis Patten Chartered Architects.
Building Services Consultants: Synergy BSS Limited.