Moving to Renewable Heat Technologies: the Renewable Heat Incentive
Dependent as we are on fossil fuels to power our homes, streets and businesses, they are a finite...
In The Restaurant Starting Blocks with McDonald’s: New Consultancy Project
To receive a word-of-mouth recommendation is to be trusted to do a good job. This was certainly the...
Helping Organisations To Become ESOS Compliant By December Deadline
The December 2015 deadline for the government’s compulsory Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme...
Expanding With IKEA: New Order & Collection Point Developments
In early 2015 we were given the opportunity by global furniture giant IKEA to partner with them on...
Is LED Lighting Always the Answer?
One of the most important aspects to Synergy’s building and engineering services consultancy is...
As the running costs of existing buildings increase, a good way of controlling, or even reducing these costs, is by improving the environmental performance of the building.
BREEAM In-Use offers a clear and credible route to achieving this. Parts 1 and 2 of BREEAM In-Use are relevant to all non-domestic commercial, industrial, retail and institutional buildings, with Part 3 OF BREEAM In-Use covering existing office Buildings.
BREEAM In-Use is designed to:-
- Reduce operational costs
- Enhance the value and marketability of property assets
- Provide a transparent platform for landlords, owners and tenants to identify and negotiate building improvements
- Provide a route to compliance with environmental legislation and standards, including energy labelling and ISO 14001:2004
- Facilitate engagement with staff in the identification of productivity improvements and sustainable business practices
- Provide a vehicle to evaluate and improve Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Provide genuine evidence of sustainability and CSR.
As one of the biggest opportunities to address environmental impacts lies in better management and improvement of existing building stock, Synergy fully support the In-Use scheme. As such, we ensure that fully qualified and accredited BREEAM In-Use Auditors form part of our Environmental Assessment Team.